Special Education – Maywood Academy
This is a professional position involving responsibility for evaluating, planning and providing occupational therapy treatment to residents in accordance with written prescription or referral from a physician who provides medical direction. The work is performed under the general direction of the Director. The Occupational Therapist assumes the responsibility of the Director in her absence. Does related work as required.
A. Licensed and currently registered by the New York State Education Department as an Occupational Therapist.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Performs occupational therapy procedures upon the written prescription or referral from a physician, utilizing a creative activity which may be manual, industrial, recreational or educational designed and/or adapted to correct or remedy any disability.
2. Evaluates the degree of function and disability of patients unless contra-indicated by professional judgment or a physician’s admission notes.
3. Develops a treatment plan based upon his findings, short- and long-term rehabilitation goals and in accordance with the physician’s diagnosis, prescription or referral.
4. Record on residents’ charts all evaluations, re-evaluations, progress notes, consultations and discharge summaries.
5. Fabricates and applies hand splints, trains patients in the use of adaptive assistive devices and/or self-held techniques to achieve maximum independence.
6. Participates with other facility personnel in the formulation of residents’ total care plans.
7. Confers periodically with physicians regarding all facets of patient care and related activities.
As soon as possible (Temporary thru November 3, 2023)
October 13, 2023 (or until position is filled)
$52,809 – $59,519 dependent on education and experience as detailed in current contract prorated to amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
September 15, 2023