Literacy Zone Coordinator
Career and Technical Education – Capital South Campus Center @ 20 Warren St. Albany
This is a professional position that involves the monitoring, coordination and evaluation of services provided in the Literacy Zone. This coordinator monitors and supports educational programs, works with community members and staff to ensure an effective and efficient service delivery system. The quality of services, the effectiveness of service providers and the awareness of program efficiency is a basic responsibility of this worker. The work is performed under general supervision. Does related work as required.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master’s Degree and one (1) year of professional experience in the coordination of Literacy or Adult Education programming; OR,
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years of professional experience in the coordination of Literacy or Adult Education programming.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must possess and maintain a valid NYS driver’s license.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with new York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Monitors, assists in the coordination of, and evaluates the education and career development services provided.
2. Maintains contact with Literacy Zone service providers for the proper delivery of contracted services.
3. Coordinates a system of services delivered in the Literacy Zone with other community providers and resources.
4. Attends agency and community meetings as a representative from the BOCES as assigned with the goal of assisting with service coordination and to evaluate available services and the needs for additional services or providers.
5. Prepares and processes contracts, grants and program plans as assigned.
6. Acts as a liaison between local, state and private community-based agencies.
7. Keeps and maintains records and makes reports.
8. Good knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations applicable to Adult Education.
9. Good knowledge of modern principles and practices of public administration.
10. Ability to work effectively with both professional and non-professional personnel.
11. Ability to prepare and write grant applications and to monitor and administer programs.
12. Ability to prepare reports and maintain records.
13. Initiative and resourcefulness; tact and courtesy.
14. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
As soon as possible
June 18, 2021 (or until position is filled)
$43,683 – $50,236 prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email email@example.com
May 21, 2021