Legal Intern (BOCES)(2 Positions)
Central Administration - 900 Watervliet Shaker Road
A Legal Intern (BOCES) works under direct supervision, undertaking a variety of projects as they relate to the Risk Mitigation and Compliance of Capital Region BOCES/Northeastern Regional Information Center (NERIC). These projects include, but are not limited to, vendor contract review/data entry, data privacy processes and policy review processes. Projects carried out by persons in this position are part of the regular routine of the department and are of an in-service training nature designed to provide maximum exposure to experience in a designated field. Legal Intern (BOCES) positions provide an on-the-job training situation through work based learning. Supervision is not a responsibility of this position. Does related work as required.
A. Current enrollment at a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the American Bar Association with completion of at least thirty (30) credits in a Juris Doctor degree program.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Specific duties will vary with each project assignment, all relating to the risk mitigation and compliance objectives of Capital Region BOCES/Northeastern Regional Information Center (NERIC).
2. Ability to learn the principles and practices of risk mitigation and compliance, data privacy, policy and contract review and vendor contract management.
3. Ability to learn sources of information and legal/policy developments in the field of education law and data privacy.
4. Ability to learn about the organization of a BOCES.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to carry out project assignments of a broadly defined nature.
8. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
June 1, 2021
May 21, 2021 (or until position is filled)
$18.75 per hour (hours will vary dependent upon student schedule and BOCES needs)
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
March 12, 2021