Food Service Helper (FT/10M)
Management Services - Troy City School District
Assists in the preparation and service of food and in the cleaning of kitchen equipment. This is routine manual work performed under immediate supervision in connection with the preparation and service of food. On occasion Food Service Helpers may perform cooking duties involving lesser degrees of skill than regularly required of employees in the classification of Cook. Does related work as required.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Sets tables and cleans them after meals.
2. Fills sugar bowls and salt and pepper shakers.
3. Works on the tray lines serving designated portions per menus.
4. Fills food carts and delivers foods to designated areas.
5. Polishes silverware, tables and chairs.
6. Cleans dining rooms and dish and linen closets.
7. Cleans, washes and otherwise prepares vegetables and fruit for cooking.
8. Assists in the preparation of salads and desserts.
9. Helps cooks in any phases of their duties.
10. Washes dishes, pots and pans by hand or machine.
11. Sweeps, mops and cleans kitchen.
12. May act as cashier.
13. Working knowledge of the proper methods of serving food and of the care of tableware, glassware, silver, and kitchen appliances.
14. Ability to follow oral and written directions.
15. Good physical condition.
As soon as possible
March 24, 2023
$17.15 per hour (M-F / PT hours will vary)
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
March 17, 2023