Digital Content Specialist (.60-1.0 FTE)
Management Services - 900 Watervliet Shaker Road
This is professional communications work with responsibility for developing and implementing a digital communications strategy for school district or BOCES programs in all digital platforms including web applications, intranets, document sharing and standards, social medial and other multi-media platforms. Incumbents may design and produce educational, informational and promotional materials including publications, multimedia and video products to support the mission of the school district or BOCES. Incumbent works collaboratively with other communications staff to enhance the mission of publicizing and distributing information about school district or BOCES news, events, programs, services and facilities. Employees in this class maintain close contact and cooperate with policy-making officials, school staff, local media representatives and the public. Work is performed independently in accordance with established policies and practices. Supervision of program projects and activities may be required. Does related work as required.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of paid experience in broadcast video journalism, digital media/content management, public relations or digital communications; OR,
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s degree and four (4) years of paid experience in broadcast video journalism, digital media/content management, public relations or digital communications.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Plans, develops and produces a wide range of digital content strategies and materials for both internal and external audiences, including but not limited to web content, multimedia graphics, audio and digital media, video design and social media strategy.
2. Establishes and maintains social media presence across various channels by creating, publishing and maintaining video, text and image content.
3. Works with appropriate school district and/or BOCES staff to ensure digital content is consistent with subsequent communications strategies and plans.
4. Works closely with school district and/or BOCES administrators and staff to assess digital content needs, opportunities and strategies.
5. Establishes and maintains project production schedules.
6. Evaluates emerging digital communication tools, such as new social media platforms, and makes recommendations on adding these tools to school district/BOCES digital content strategy.
7. Collects and confirms data from within and outside the school district and/or BOCES by conducting interviews, attending events, visiting facilities and reviewing subsequent communications materials.
8. Monitors and tracks feedback related to school district/BOCES programs and initiatives in digital environments and posts appropriate response.
9. Captures and analyzes social and digital media metrics and communicates any issues that require attention to school district and/or BOCES administrators.
10. Maintains familiarity with school district budgets, student testing and achievement data and/or other complex information related to school programs, policies and operations.
11. Attends meetings and maintains records of information released.
12. Good knowledge of the principles and practices of digital content, including video production and storytelling.
13. Good knowledge of the operation and uses of a variety of sophisticated audio and visual media production equipment.
14. Good knowledge of the methods and techniques of design and development of video, audio and multi-image sound/slide programs.
15. Good knowledge of various digital media sources for dissemination of information.
16. Good knowledge of social media platforms and optimization.
17. Good knowledge of English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
18. Ability to conceptualize and create concepts and scripts for digital media projects and coordinate project to completion.
19. Ability to read, interpret, analyze and summarize complex written documents.
20. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
21. Ability to express oneself effectively in both oral, written and digital form.
22. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
As soon as possible
October 1, 2021 (or until position is filled)
$46,569 prorated to the amount of service rendered
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email email@example.com
September 3, 2021