Central Administration – 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
This is routine and repetitive manual work calling for the efficient and economical performance of building cleaning and occasional minor maintenance tasks. Cleaning tasks are performed according to a well-established procedure, and maintenance tasks are performed under direct supervision or according to specific instructions. Supervision is received from a custodian or other superior. Supervision over the work of others is not a responsibility of employees in this class. Does related work as required.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Sweeps and mops floors and stairs.
2. Dusts desks, woodwork, furniture and other equipment.
3. Washes windows, walls, blackboards, sinks and other fixtures.
4. Polishes furniture and metal furnishings.
5. Empties waste baskets, collects and disposes of rubbish.
6. Clears snow and ice from walks.
7. May mow lawns, trim shrubs, rake leaves and perform a variety of other groundskeeping tasks as assigned.
8. Assists in the cleaning of rugs and tile flooring using machines specially designed for cleaning of such surfaces.
9. Delivers packages and messages.
10. Places and removes traffic safety signs.
11. Arranges chairs and tables and other equipment for special use of administration building.
12. Repairs window shades, replaces light bulbs, soap and towels.
13. Paints rooms and equipment and assists in making minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs.
14. Working knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment.
15. Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
16. Willingness to perform routine cleaning and other manual tasks.
17. Ability to get along well with others.
20. Good physical condition.
As soon as possible (M-F 2:00 PM – 10:00 PM)
June 23, 2023 (or until position is filled)
$30,596 full time, prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
May 26, 2023