Adult Education Instructor-Forklift Operator
Career & Technical Education - Albany and Schoharie Campus
To teach adult learners (17 years and older) the proper practices, procedures and skills to operate a forklift that will lead to entry level employment opportunities.
A. Should meet New York State Adult Education Certification requirements or able to meet requirements. Requirements for the Adult Education certificate are listed on the home page of the NYS Education Department Teaching Certification under ‘Certification Requirements’ in the category of “Other School Service-Adult Education-Job Skills Training Instructor”
B. Ten (10) year of occupational experience. Prior high school teaching preferred.
C. Must have attended and hold a valid certificate from ‘Train-the-Trainer Forklift Course’.
D. Must have the knowledge, training and experience to train operators and evaluate their competence.
E. Candidate will have demonstrated the ability to provide sound instruction, ability to work in a team environment, work collaboratively with staff and administration.
F. Possess good written and verbal skills.
1. To deliver both formal (handouts/lectures) and practical (demonstration and time-on forklift) lessons on how to safely operate a forklift.
2. To teach proper forklift techniques that include measurement, loading, unloading, safety, travel and maneuvering, etc.
3. To evaluate learners performance on and off equipment.
4. To develop in each adult learner an awareness and understanding coupled with the skills and knowledge in the industry.
5. To be responsible for developing and evaluating course plans.
6. To strive to instill in each adult learner safe work habits, the importance of continuation of his/her education and assets of reliability, competence, loyalty and dependability.
May 24, 2021
May 14, 2021
$40.87 per hour for @ 8 hour course offered 4-5 times per year
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email email@example.com
April 30, 2021