Northeastern Regional Information Center – 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Works as a staff assistant in performing a variety of routine administrative tasks. Work assignments are received from a superior with major emphasis on providing support services of an administrative and non-defined nature involving the services provided by the agency to the public or to another municipal operating department or agency. Work of a routine nature is performed under general supervision, whereas a new or difficult assignment is performed under direct supervision or with conferences with the agency head or the immediate supervisor. Does related work as required.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science, Business, Business Administration, Accounting or related field and one (1) year of clerical experience which involved the operation of a computer for word-processing, database or spreadsheet applications; OR,
B. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and three (3) years of experience as defined in (A).
NOTE: Individuals with permanent competitive status as Administrative Aide Trainee mature to Administrative Aide after one year, pending successful completion of probation.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Talks with persons registering complaints regarding the agency’s services, rules and regulations.
2. Answers routine correspondence on the agency or sections work responsibilities and directs callers to offices where problem may be resolved.
3. Prepares a variety of routine reports as assigned.
4. Obtains a variety of information preparatory to the budget, annual reports or similar projects.
5. Sorts, files and maintains a variety of information for vouchers and purchase orders in alphabetic and/or numeric order.
6. Operates a computer terminal in maintaining various financial records and reports.
7. Undertakes special studies as assigned on the agency’s implementation of rules, regulations and operating procedures.
8. Keeps and maintains records and reports.
9. Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment.
10. Good knowledge of business arithmetic and English.
11. Working knowledge of personnel methods and procedures, organization, reporting and communications.
12. Working knowledge of statistical techniques, particularly in relation to the collection and tabulation of raw data.
13. Working knowledge of budget and purchasing procedures.
14. Ability to layout work for others.
15. Ability to get along well with subordinates and others and to secure their cooperation.
16. Ability to properly interpret and make decisions in conference with laws, regulations and policies.
17. Ability to keep records and to prepare periodic reports on such records.
18. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
October 2, 2023
September 29, 2023 (or until position is filled)
$38,822 – $40,050 prorated to amount of service rendered
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205 or email email@example.com
September 1, 2023