Experienced construction professionals and equipment operators are in high demand.
Students in this program rotate through two key areas: site development and layout, and utilities construction and installation. They learn through standardized craft training programs developed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Topics of study include:
- workplace safety and management
- tools, site development
- layout, blueprints and codes
- green construction practices
- concrete and form construction.
- rough framing.
- operation and preventative maintenance of compaction equipment, backhoes, bulldozers and excavators
Students can earn their forklift operator, 10-hour OSHA, Four-Hour Erosion & Sediment Control and Dig Safely NY certifications.
Hands-on and classroom learning are reinforced by work-based experiences, field trips, guest speakers and competitions.