We’re here to support you and work to make learning off-site/at home a successful and enriching experience for your child. If you have questions that aren’t answered here, please reach out to your child’s teacher or principal.
How will my child be learning remotely?
Learning will be a combination of live and pre-recorded sessions, depending on the student’s age/grade and the program your child attends.
We will be using Google Classroom across all programs as the main platform to provide instruction and feedback. This will be used for both live and recorded sessions. Daily schedules will include live teaching for all content areas. Exact schedules will be shared with students and families the week of Sept. 8, if not before.
Career and Technical School students:
- Teachers will communicate with students during office hours on Google Meet, by phone, and by email and assign work through Google Classroom.
- Teachers will record classes on instructional content in English, math, and science each week that coordinates with assignments to be completed by the students.
- All necessary materials to complete classwork will be provided through Google classroom, linked to through Google classroom (such as online videos and demos, articles, and study tools like Kahoot and Quizlet) or sent home with students (for example, rulers needed for math).
- Assignments will be completed and turned in online.
- Teachers will provide corrections and feedback electronically and all assignments will be returned with comments and a grade that students can access immediately.
- Parents/guardians can request to be added to their students Google Classroom accounts to be able to monitor their student’s progress.
Special Education students:
- Chromebooks will be supplied to students who are engaging in remote learning.
- Other learning materials will be dropped off regularly to the student at home.
- Students’ teachers and/or providers will be reaching out with information on daily schedules and scheduling related service sessions.
Watch a video for families about using Google Classroom:
Does my child need a computer/Chromebook to keep learning?
No. While each student will be provided with a device to learn, we know that online access is a challenge for many families and that some of our students simply can’t learn successfully online. In these cases, our teachers and principals will work with you/your child to ensure they have the materials in a different format that they need to continue learning.
I need internet/wifi. What are my options?
If you are in need of internet/wifi access, please contact your child’s principal.
Where can I find the latest information about remote learning?
Please visit this page often for updates on remote learning.
How do we get technical support?
We are ready to answer questions parents and students may have on how to use of their BOCES-issued Chromebooks and other learning equipment and provide technical support for devices. Please contact our technical support team at 518-862-5490.
How can I receive materials and communication in a language other than English?
Please contact your child’s principal so that we can assist you.
How is Capital Region BOCES protecting the privacy of my child’s data?
We are committed to ensuring student privacy in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and policies. Learn more about how we are protecting your child’s data and information during in-person and remote learning.